Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy Fat Tuesday!

I hope everyone is having a great Fat Tuesday today! I am technically supposed to be off because the school that I work for is out of Louisiana and therefore gets 3 days off for Mardi Gras! Isn't that cool? I bet that it's pretty crazy in New Orleans right now, and I can only imagine the amount of beads that are being thrown!  Despite the holidays, I decided to work anyway to make some extra moolah! This past weekend was pretty laid back, but I figured I could go ahead and share some pictures. Ryan was busy busy studying for his COMPS which will be on March 9th (so please pray for us). He has a specific study schedule that he goes by, which will inevitably help him also with his Step 1 exam which he will take when we come home at the end of April. This is the big and important test, but I am so proud that Ryan is already so dedicated and serious about it! Way to go Ryan!

Anyway.. I digress. Where was I? Oh yeah- so while Ryan was studying, I got together with two of my favorite spouses for a pool/beach day. Here are some pictures from Lara's place. It's very nice, but as she would say it: It is wicked nice! (She is Canadian, and I love to hear her talk!)
Gorgeous view from their complex's balcony area

Lyssa and Lara! Love ya'll!

Lara, Lyssa, and myself. It took us forever to take a decent picture!

The sun was going down so we moved to Lara's porch/balcony area

So pretty!

Our feet


Can you see the cruise ship going by? It was all lit up!


Anyway, we had a good time and we decided that we need to get together more often before I have to leave! 

Not sure if I had mentioned it before but I do an informal/unofficial "Zumba" class with some of the spouses here once or twice a week, depending on everyone's schedules. Here is a picture from last night's class! Check out my zumba pants that I tie-dyed myself! 

I hope everyone has a great week! So long...

1 comment: