Thursday, February 2, 2012

Time flies! From November to Now- Whew!

Ok so I don't know where the time has gone, but I guess I haven't blogged since around Halloween. Oops! I have been very busy working and when I am not working, I like to do anything besides be on my computer since that is how I spend most days now- hence, no blogs lately! But I am going to try to be better! I will try to catch everyone up since my last blog. Here goes nothing:

We celebrated Thanksgiving on the island!
Here is the wonderful turkey that Carissa and I picked out at the grocery store: Yes they had Butterball, thank goodness!

Ryan did a wonderful job cooking the bird. He is my very own Emeril. BAM!

Check out those long, luscious locks 

We stuffed it with all kinds of stuff. I say "we" but it was mostly Ryan. :)


Here is the brine stuff that the turkey soaked in for 24 hours prior to the stuffing and baking part.
 
The chef!

These obviously aren't in order, but you get the picture! :)



Nice...
I made some pumpkin bread- it was delicious

Me, Ryan, and Bobby. Nice face Bobby!

Carissa cooking!


Stosh refilling his cup of Sangria! Gobble til you Wobble!

The boys cooked too! Hauser, Ryan, and Tim

I also made Paula Deen's pumpkin pies that were delicious!

There was a rainbow while we were cooking

Right before we took it out of the brine.

Poor turkey

I also made some pumpkin pudding

Carissa and I made about 1 million deviled eggs

My pumpkin pudding mixture

Check those babies out!

I made some cookies too! Back off Bobby!

The boys were obsessed with watching the turkey cook!



They went and played tennis for a little while!

Our set table!


It is starting to look more like dinner now

Yay! 

So good!

It was a delicious Thanksgiving dinner, and we all had a really fun time! 

On the next adventure, we went to the 5th Semester Party weekend that took place at The Westin. It was a blast, and here are some pictures of us there: 
Don't kill me Carissa!

Dingy Dock

At the actual 5th Semester Party- before dinner
After dinner and before the dancing took place

At Dingy Dock

At the pool



Me and Priyal!

Oh and this is of us going to see the new Twilight movie! YAY! Note our matching shirts!

We were so excited



Back to the 5th semester party weekend at the Dingy Dock

Hauser and Bobby

We also went to the Wine and Cheese party and it was very fun. Here are some pictures of us there:
Being silly

Group shot!

Carissa and Me

Docie threw a surprise birthday party for Aaron and here are some shots:
Check out that awesome cake!

It was pirate themed!


I was liking the sword a little too much!

I think that about does it for our adventures from last semester! I want to say that Ryan had a fantastic semester and made wonderful grades! I am so proud of him! Also, Ryan and I got to go home for the holidays, and we really enjoyed it! It was hard to come back to the island and leave all of our friends and family, but once we landed back in St. Maarten, we remembered how nice it is to live here momentarily! 
Here are some pictures from our vacation back home:
I got to meet up with some of my girls when I was in Cleveland!

My lovely parents! Aren't they cute?

We ate at Taylor Grocery! 

It was so delicious!

The band was very good

Then we went to hear the Burnside Band!

Something must have been really funny!

Ryan and his siblings!

Chelsea and me in Atlanta

We took Austin to the aquarium for his birthday!

Ben and Austin

They were petting the shrimp

About to go through the tunnel aquarium

Weird angle but it works

Yay!

Closer

Check out the shark in the background

We were watching!

I like the shadow shot

Big room of tropical fish

Then we went to the World of Coke museum

Cool bottles from the Olympics

Ryan and me

Scotty and Bailey

Bailey, Chelsea, and Quwan

Austin, me, and Ryan. We went out to eat for Austin's birthday

Ryan, Matt, and Ben

They came out and sang to Austin. They made him stand up on his chair and dance! It was very entertaining!

He handled it well though! 

New Year's

Happy 2012!

Studs: Quwan, Sam, Chris, and Ryan

Like a boss

Awesome 2012 gear

Gangster face

Mike and Quwan! 

So that about does it for pictures while we were home! Here are some pictures of what we have done since being back on the island:
We went to White Trash Wednesdays

If you wear overalls, you get cheap food and free beer. We figured, why not?

Here is the sign

We had to pose with it

Closer shot

There is a German restaurant on the island and every first Friday of the month, they have a "Beer Gardens" night. They had a buffet of all German food and beers. It was pretty cool.




The boys went deep sea fishing:


Tim and Aaron

Awesome yachts- they are everywhere now

Thanks Ryan

Better

Tim about to reel in a Mahi Mahi

You got it!

Don't give up!

Can you see it in the water?

There it is!

Look how pretty and bright it is!

It was pretty big!

Tim holding his catch

I guess Ryan is holding the fin up?

Thanks Aaron. Nice. 

Big fish

Hauser holding it

It was heavy

Yay! We all feasted on the fish for 2 nights straight. It was the freshest fish that I have ever eaten. So goooooood 



Well that about does it for now, so I will sign off now! Hope you enjoy reading and looking at the pictures. I promise that I will try to be better at posting more often. Ryan and I have decided to make the most of our last semester here, so be expecting some good pictures of our future adventures! Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment