Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ryan has officially started school back!

So, now the question is.. What am I going to do with myself this summer? 
I have a job doing speech-language pathology with school-aged children out of the state of Louisiana through the computer (pretty cool, huh?) but it doesn’t start until August. I may try to get a small part-time job on campus for the summer... but I may just “kick it” here and enjoy myself! Besides, when am I ever going to get this opportunity to live in the Caribbean again? Right?
I have been doing my best, however at planning and cooking meals for Ryan (a.k.a. “trying to be a good wife!”), doing the dishes, doing the laundry, etc. And it has been surprisingly fun! I guess I was more intimidated than anything about how to successfully do this without being a slacker or going overboard. (Right now I am slacking, because I am writing this!) I will have to update this if I have any catastrophes in the kitchen or turn all of Ryan’s clothes pink. Let’s hope that I don’t.  
Almost a week ago, May 10, was my 26th birthday! AHHH! One more year closer to 30! Oh no!- Just kidding, I think this is going to be the best year yet and it is much better than the alternative! :) For my birthday, Ryan took me out to eat at one of his favorite restaurants on the French side, Mario’s Bistro.


 Despite my uneasiness at seafood, I decided to go out on a limb and be different in my menu selections. I ordered the tuna with lobster cakes for an appetizer and it was the best tuna I have ever had. Soooo good. For my main course, I got the red snapper fillet which was encrusted with crab meat... sooo good again. I am glad that I actually broadened my horizons on my birthday. Hopefully, I can keep this bravery thing up! 
I met with some of the girls from the Spouses’ Organization the other afternoon. We all went and got the most delicious gelato I have ever had (the only gelato I have ever had by the way). It was so nice to meet other girls/ladies (which one am I?) and have them welcome me so warmly. I am excited to finally be able to put faces with names and I look forward to the future activities that we will do together!



1 comment:

  1. I think you are officially a lady now...that being said, I wonder what that makes me and betsy?

    ReplyDelete